Monday, November 22, 2010

Powered By Greyskull Shirt

On 'Detroitism' as in Murder, Poverty, Media Insanity

Here's another Detroit = Armageddon article worth reading , every one of it's six very saddening pages:

"The city reached a peak population of 1.9 million people in the 1950s, and it was 83 percent white. Now Detroit has fewer than 800,000 people, is 83 percent black…"

This is not about painting black and white or whatever colour.
The real question is if or how any social entity could survive such huge changes?

BTW: Unfortunately I posted the previous article I had found a few weeks ago on Facebook only and now I already can't figure out, how to retrieve and cite it. One more proof how useless FB is for stuff that really matters .

PS: I found it. After some monkey-like clicking my way down the FB-wall. On 30th of Sept. I noted:
" Most depressing text in a long time . I remember with what pride our relatives from Michigan, who visitied us when I was a young boy, related from Detroit. And now a devastated railway station and the Michigan Theatre in use as a parking lot??? Hell, this all time 'American Dream' has become way too complicated for me."

Here's the 'Requiem for Detroit' documentary for the more "audivisually gifted" of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpXhd7iau8

Interestingly the video now seems 'protected' from non British courtesy of BBC viewers stupidity.Thanksalot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment