Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How Motion Sensor Paper Towel Dispensers Work

On Detroit's rotten beauty again

Dear [info] irrevocabilis sent me this link to another awesome photo report from Detroit by Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre.
Unfortunately the copyrights of SpreadArtCulture not seem to allow even the thumbnails of photos to be used elsewhere, so you have to trust me on this.

These photos are so great that I begin to hope one of the next installations of the STALKER video game series may take place over there.
It would be well deserved.
Of course, if Andrej Tarkovsky  still lived, he might have made an exciting movie there long time ago, but he isn't among us.
I also wonder what the 'spirit' of a Detroit Zone would be, compared to the zone of the Strugatsky brothers.
Maybe I endure here long enough for another film maker of Tarkovsky's class to arrive.
Maybe a miraculous class of politicians and entrepreneurs arrives that prevents such miseries from happening in the future.
But I doubt it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment